The MS 1722 and OHSAS 18001 specification is applicable to any organisation that wishes to:
- Establish an OSH management system to eliminate or minimise risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to OSH risks associated with its activities
- Assure itself of its conformance with its stated OSH policy
- Demonstrate such conformance to others
- Implement, maintain and continually improve an OSH management system
- Make a self-determination and declaration of conformance with this MS & OHSAS requirement.
- Seek certification/registration of its OSH management system by an external organisation
Essentially, OSH Management System helps in a variety of respects... it helps:
- minimise risk to employees/etc;
- improve an existing OSH management system;
- demonstrate diligence;
- gain assurance; etc.
The benefits can be substantial.